We had a food reaction this week, and I thought it would be interesting to document the symptom timeline. It's good to remember that reactions (for allergies, and for EE) can really vary depending on the food, the amount, and the person. That's why a food journal is so important when you're starting out, because sometimes you just don't realize that something is a symptom until you see it happening repeatedly with certain foods.
DD is suddenly having a hard time seeing other people eat food that she can't have. Two days ago, she got up on our counter and ate 2 bananas before I caught her. :( Here is her symptom timeline for that reaction:
- within about 4 hours, she had diarrhea with noticeable pieces of bananas in it, and again a couple hours later
- that night, she slept horribly- tossing and turning, and waking up flailing and crying every hour or so
- the next morning, she told me her throat hurt (a common EE symptom)
- last night, she complained of leg pain and started rubbing her ankle (another seemingly common EE symptom- leg or joint pain)
- this morning, she woke up with bright red cheeks and a bad mood