Welcome to my blog!

This blog is a journal of our struggles with food allergies and eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases (EGIDs). ("DD" stands for "dear daughter", so whenever you see it in the blog it is referring to my daughter and our personal experience.) My hope is for this blog to be a source of information and support to others who might be trying to investigate, diagnose, treat, or live with, food allergies and EGIDs. Feel free to leave comments with suggestions or requests of what you would like to see on this blog. This is a work in progress. :)




NAET treatments

Copying and pasting from my personal blog:

In allergy news, we've (kind of) started NAET treatment with this guy for DD and I. I say kind of because today was the 2nd time we've shown up for an appointment and he wasn't there. We saw him for a consultation a couple weeks ago, and he did some muscle testing on us to show us how it worked. I have to say, it really blew my mind. I was not expecting the obvious results that we got.

If you don't know what muscle testing is- there are a few ways to do it, but in this case he puts a vial containing a food substance in one of your hands. The other arm you hold up, and he tries to press it down. If your body is ok with the food, you have no problem holding up your arm; but if you're allergic to the food, you lose strength and can't hold your arm up. I know, I know... sounds crazy, right? I couldn't believe the results. He put a vial of rice (normally fine for most people) in my hand, no problem. Pushed on my arm, I pushed back and held steady. Then he put a vial of sugar in my hand (most people have problems with sugar), and I literally could NOT keep my arm up! He wasn't pushing harder or anything, it was like my muscle just gave out. It's really hard to describe how crazy it felt. I was trying and trying to hold my arm up, and it just wouldn't stay put.

So after the muscle testing, and reading the patient testimonials on this guy's website (he claims this technique can get rid of anaphylactic allergies!), I was really excited to try it out, even though it's not something covered by insurance and is going to be pretty expensive. But, he's giving us a discounted rate AND treating both DD and I at the same time (which is great since we're still breastfeeding- because it's hard to always tell if she's reacting to something that I'm allergic to, or if she's allergic herself), so it's really a great deal for what we're paying.

Anyway.... we had our first treatment last week for egg mix, which covers eggs and other inflammation sources. (They do a series of around 15 specific foods/vitamin/minerals first, before targeting other things; many times people are reacting to a specific component of the foods [like calcium, for example], so by doing these vitamins and stuff, sometimes many allergies will clear up without having to target the foods directly... if that makes any sense. It's way past my bedtime as I'm typing this. ;) He explained that the first mix usually clears people about 97%, and then the 2nd mix they do contains a kind of egg "booster" which will clear it the rest of the way. I'm really glad we're starting with egg, not only because I want to eat them again, but it will be a really easy test to see if this stuff works, as DD is contact reactive to raw egg (immediate hives where it touches her skin.) Today was supposed to be the 2nd treatment, but I guess he had an emergency and had to cancel. :( Hopefully we'll get in early next week and I can do an egg test and report our progress. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.....

We've also started a new homeopathic remedy for both DD and I, and we're taking a ton of cell/tissue salts to boost our nutrition absorption. Hopefully by this fall, we'll have all sorts of good progress to report.

I'm curious if anyone else out there has tried NAET with positive/negative results? It's so hard not to get my hopes up, especially after reading stories about this working for other people. But I've also read stories about people seeing absolutely no results after pouring a ton of money into it, so I can only hope that we'll get at least some benefit from it.

2 comments:

la mujer said...

Hi. Found your blog through MDC. I have a close friend whose kid's gluten sensitivities were helped TREMENDOUSLY by NAET. Just thought I'd let you know. She only did a few sessions, but the benefit was immediate and long-lasting.

Jessica said...

That's great to hear- thanks for sharing!!

We actually started over with a new practitioner last week, so we've only done one treatment so far. I'm really hoping that it helps!