- Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma and Allergies by Kenneth Bock, M.D. and Cameron Stauth is another helpful book which can help one study and understand the pattern of what is happening to our kids at an alarming rate- and what you can do about it.
- **update: I finally finished reading this book, and it is definitely moving to the top of my recommendation list!! Dr. Bock talks about the underlying causes for the 4-A disorders, some being: heavy metal toxicity (from vaccines and environment), nutritional deficiencies, gut dysbiosis and more. He also includes his healing program, from diets to supplements to medications that he uses. EXCELLENT
- Dealing with Food Allergies in Babies and Children by Janice Joneja - by far the most helpful book that I've read in terms of learning what it all meant. Joneja also has some great charts in this book about most/least allergenic foods, how/when to start certain foods as solids for babies, etc.
- Digestive Wellness by Elizabeth Lipski - fantastic book that talks about gut health, and the myriad of illnesses and problems (including food allergies) that can be caused by imbalances in the gut, as well as how to fix them
- The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook by Marjorie Hurt Jones, R.N. - excellent resource for those with a lot of allergies! This book has great recipes, as well as information on how to do a rotation diet (called a rotary diversified diet in this book), and talks about different grains/flours and what uses they are best/worst for.
- Is This Your Child by Doris Rapp - I only read part of this book. It came highly recommended to me, and talks a lot about behavioral issues relating to food allergies
Welcome to my blog!
This blog is a journal of our struggles with food allergies and eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases (EGIDs). ("DD" stands for "dear daughter", so whenever you see it in the blog it is referring to my daughter and our personal experience.) My hope is for this blog to be a source of information and support to others who might be trying to investigate, diagnose, treat, or live with, food allergies and EGIDs. Feel free to leave comments with suggestions or requests of what you would like to see on this blog. This is a work in progress. :)
Books I recommend
These are some books that I have read, or have been recommended to me (that I have on my list to read). The top 3 are absolutely must-have books for those dealing with severe food allergies or intolerances!